For those considering non-surgical treatments, Venus Viva™ might be at the top of the list. Venus Viva™ treatments use advanced radio frequency technology to repair skin damage and improve skin texture by kick-starting the skin’s natural healing processes. Below we answer some of the most commonly asked questions about these treatments.
Who is the best candidate for this treatment?
The best candidate for Venus Viva™ skin resurfacing treatments is someone who shows signs of skin damage or skin texture imperfections. Signs of skin damage may include scars, deep wrinkles, visible pores, stretch marks, and other conditions that affect the skin’s surface texture. Treatments are safe for all skin tones.
For safety reasons, however, an individual may not be an ideal candidate if they have any of the following:
- An internal defibrillator, pacemaker, or other active electrical implant in the body
- A permanent implant or injected substance around the treatment area
- Active conditions in the treatment area, such as a rash
- A history of skin disorders or very dry skin
- A current diagnosis or history of cancer, including pre-malignant moles
- Severe concurrent conditions, such as cardiac disorders
- An impaired immune system
- A history of disease in or around the treatment area that is stimulated by heat, such as herpes
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders, such as diabetes
- An active prescription for blood thinners
- A recent face lift or eyelid surgery within the past three months
- A resurfacing treatment or chemical peel within the past three months
- A cosmetic injection within the past two weeks
- A recent dose of Advil, Tylenol, or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) within the past week
- A surgery within the past six months
- A tattoo or permanent makeup in the treatment area
- Are excessively tanned in or around the treatment area
- Are pregnant or nursing
How long does the treatment take?
Each session takes just 15–30 minutes on average, making it easy to fit into a busy schedule. For best results, book each appointment with some space between activities to allow the skin to stay makeup-free and sweat-free for 24 hours. Book appointments after workout or hot yoga sessions, or even before a work-from-home day, so the treated skin can focus on recovery without exposure to irritants.
What do the treatments feel like?
Venus Viva™ treatments are among the more comfortable options on the market, and they typically feel like tiny zaps or pinpricks on the skin. The treatment area will feel warm post-treatment, a sensation that may last up to 24 hours. Your treatment provider may also apply a topical numbing cream if needed for greater comfort.
How many sessions are needed to see results? Are they permanent?
Most patients see the best results after three or four treatments, each spaced four weeks apart. However, the exact number of treatments depends on the individual and the treatment area. A certified treatment provider will be able to outline the best treatment plan based on each patient’s individual needs. How long results are maintained also varies from patient to patient and is dependent on severity of the skin and post-procedure skin care. Results will continue to improve following the final treatment, though one touch-up session is recommended approximately every six months, depending on the skin’s response and the area being treated.
Is there any specific pre- or post-procedure care required?
Avoid applying lotions, creams, perfumes, powders, or makeup to the treatment area prior to each treatment. Shaving may be necessary if a patient has excessive hair in the treatment area. If possible, patients should have their complete medical history available in case it is required by the treatment provider.
Avoid applying lotions, makeup, water, or anything else to the treatment area for 24 hours post-treatment. Hot baths or showers, massages, rigorous exercise, and any activity requiring direct skin contact or causing excessive perspiration in the treatment area should be avoided for two days post-procedure. Avoid tanning before and after each treatment session, and wear sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 between treatments.
To learn more about Venus Viva™ skin resurfacing treatments, or to receive a customized treatment plan, start by locating a certified treatment provider near you: